Quake 2 - Angola 1961

Nelson Marques nmarques at netvisao.pt
Sun Nov 30 12:32:39 EST 2003

Hi there,

  My name is Nelson Marques, and I am Portuguese. Some time me and some
friends had this idea of making a game to distribute, we have some nice
people around, and so far, we started up with a Unreal Tournament Mod,
soon we would like to make it full game and use a engine wich we can
distribute as a full game, either for Win32, either for GNU/Linux and
*BSD. So far we elected Quake2 Engine for this purpose, either for the
big availability of resources and people who can contribute for it. Our
main staff team is basic 3D modelers and graphists, and some UT
scripters. The game will be featuring the Portuguese Colonial War in the
Angolan Scenario in 1961 with the the arrival of the first Portuguese
Troops. The game will be basically a Multiplayer game consisting on a
set of several maps which will make a campaign. For single player, we
lack AI programmers.

 What I would like to ask here, is what are your plans for this fork of
Quake 2 ? Can we use it ? Would you guys like to help us out in any way ?

 We also though on the Tenebrae 2 engine, but the commits on the CVS
appear to be a bit old, and I am afraid that Tenebrae2 might never see
the light.

 Any ideas, thoughts would be welcome.

 Best Regards,

 Nelson