[quake2] OpenGL Hard Locks

Mik Mifflin mik42 at adelphia.net
Fri Sep 6 01:14:57 EDT 2002

No, only quake2 does this.  I play Heavy Gear 2 (from loki), tuxracer,
egoboo, gltron, etc, and they all run without locking.  Both the SDL-GL and
GLX versions do this.

I'm getting ready to restart X after upgrading my DRI driver.  I looked in my
logfile (and this is with the old driver), and my chipset is not listed
(G450).  Maybe this will be the solution....

(II) MGA: driver for Matrox chipsets: mga2064w, mga1064sg, mga2164w,
        mga2164w AGP, mgag100, mgag100 PCI, mgag200, mgag200 PCI, mgag400,
        mgag550

 - Mik Mifflin
Hoping his sorry excuse for a machine
will stop locking up.