pics/colormap problem

Sam Halliday fommil at yahoo.ie
Thu Oct 31 12:59:45 EST 2002

hi there...

i got the id release of quake 2 and compiled it on my
GNU/Linux box. after unpaking the PAK0.PAK file i have
form my old cd, i put all thenecessary files in the
right place (i think.) but i got quake2 moaning
Error: Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx

so i found icculus.org and did it all again... i
recompiled quake2 which went nicer than the id
software one, after unpakking my PAK0.PAK file, i
still get...
Error: Couldn't load pics/colormap.pcx

i KNOW that file is there, if i type
ls -l pics/colormap.pcx
i get
-rw-r--r-- 1 samuel   samuel 95k Oct 31 17:39
pics/colormap.pcx

and the permissions are correct... anyone got any
advice?

thanks in advance!
Sam
PS: this mailing list doesnt seem to let me post form
my mail client as it resolves my IP and sends to my
local box as opposed to the yahoo one... could
somebody please fix that?