[quake2] Quake2 and Eraser (sorry I forgot the subject :)

Juan Francisco Rodriguez Hervella jrh at it.uc3m.es
Wed Oct 23 08:23:23 EDT 2002

rangerbfk at runbox.com wrote:

> > Brendan Burns wrote:
> > >
> > > There is a very good chance (read aprox. 100%) that any binary mods
> > > won't work with our version of Quake2 for linux.
> > >
> > > I'm sure that eraser wasn't compiled for FreeBSD, therefore it'll never
> > > work there.
> > >
> > > The source for lithium and eraser are not available so, they're pretty
> > > much useless there.  There's a note specific to EraserBot in the
> > > readme...
> > >
> > > --brendan
> > >

> > This is a very bad new. I've read the note in the readme, but I was
> > wondering
> > why they don't work. What have you missed in the Linux porting of Quake2
> > ?
> > Is not possible to make it compatible with those mods ? I'm not asking
> > for
> > FreeBSD now, I would be happy if I was able to make them run under
> > Linux.
> > Maybe you could try to make a verion of Quake2 that works with them, I
> > think
> > Quake2 and Eraser worth it.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > --
> > JFRH.
> >

> those binary mods are DLL based x86.dll, so i dont see how they could ever work without os emulation

Maybe I don't understand well (my english is awful sorry :),
but I've been able to use them with a precompiled version of
Quake2-v.3.20 for Linux
(under my FreeBSD box)... What are the differences between Quake2-v.3.20
and your port ?
I think something is wrong, if with version 3.20 they work and with the
version I've got know
they don't.

Thanks very much for your help, I'm just trying to uderstand what's the
matter...

:)

--
JFRH.