[quake2] Full game installer

Andy Piper andy.piper at freeuk.com
Tue Oct 15 17:02:59 EDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-15 at 14:23, zakk wrote:
> I can fix this, it's something I neglected to do since I don't run
> gnome/kde normally, and hence, didn't see the buttons.

OK. Well, basically in the menu they appear next to each other, with the
same name. I'll sort out some new .desktop files which conform to the
freedesktop.org standard (which I believe both KDE and GNOME are
following) and submit them. We have a choice of using different names,
and/or different comments to give them different tooltips. I'm in favour
of the different name AND different comments, but that would mess up the
nice alphabetical sorting of menus if we called them, say, sdlquake2 and
quake2.

It would be even nicer to provide an option for EITHER sdlquake2 OR
standard at install time, but I suspect that's not possible within the
limitations of Loki Setup (from what I remember of my previous forays)

Which version is likely to be better with an NVIDIA card, or is it
simply "suck-it-and-see"? What benefits are there on Linux? (other
comments about sound etc. on different platforms and architectures have
been noted)

> > BTW, the problem with unit changes bit me last night...
> >
> This worries me.

Me too! I've not been back since I only gave up at 1am this morning (!),
but I'll see if I can find some useful diagnostics. Any suggestions?

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
andy.piper at freeuk.com
http://www.andypiper.co.uk/