[quake2] quake, MDK9, and Intel 810

Max Watson max at blackholesun.com
Sun Oct 13 17:09:58 EDT 2002

On Sunday 13 October 2002 13:42, Jack Coates wrote:

> ------- sound initialization -------
> Cmd_AddCommand: play already defined
> Cmd_AddCommand: stopsound already defined Cmd_AddCommand: soundlist
> already defined Cmd_AddCommand: soundinfo already defined /dev/dsp: No
> such file or directory
> SNDDMA_Init: Could not mmap /dev/dsp.

The KDE artsd sound daemon comes with artsdsp program that reroutes the audio
device through artsd. artsdsp can emulate memory mapping (with the -m
switch), even on cards that don't support mmap. It works well with my
powerbook's dmasound_newpmac driver which doesn't support mmap'd /dev/dsp.

--
Max Watson <max at blackholesun.com>