quake2-r0.11 and FreeBSD

Dan Naumov jago at telefragged.com
Fri May 10 18:39:22 EDT 2002

Hello.

I just though I'd let you know I got your Quake2 port to compile and work under FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE. As I only have an NVIDIA card, theres no OpenGL acceleration, but it works and has sound 8)

However, in order to compile quake2, I had to hack the Makefile to use "sdl11-config" in places where you used "sdl-config", it also barfed at me since it couldn't find the GL headers (although the Makefile was pointing at the correct directories) so I simply disabled building anything GL-related seeing as I don't have working OpenGL anyways. There's also a typo in the README (the FAQ section). It's "EraserBot" and not "ErasorBot" ;)

I am using sdl-1.2.4_1 (built from ports) and XFree 4.2.0 using the "nv" driver. Just though you should take note of this "sdl-config" thing when you make a new release. Thanks a lot for your work, I await your future releases.

Sincerely,
Dan Naumov aka Jago