[quake2] quake2 eye candy question

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Thu Jun 13 16:00:26 EDT 2002

> Sounding off on the many vs. few renderers option, I have to strongly
> agree with the more options are good side of the discussion.  Especially
> now that we have an installer, people who just want to play can install
> and play, but its always good to give people choice!

I'll ask again, since I'm not sure I'm understanding:

 The "candy" stuff is just OpenGL calls, right? So it's going to be the
same OpenGL calls for both the SDLGL target and the GLX target?

Can't we make this a cvar to enable/disable it so we don't need a new
display target?

(Also, is there really a good reason to keep GLX around if we've got an
SDL target that does OpenGL?)

--ryan.