[physfs] Adding Support for Custom Archives

Christoph Nelles evilazrael at evilazrael.de
Thu Aug 5 05:15:58 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 18:21:56 -0700, Kip Warner <kip at thevertigo.com> wrote:
> That sounds like a great idea, but I am confronted with a dilemma. As
> you say, you have some things to sort out in personal life, so I don't
> know how long before we see a pluginable interface being available. So I
> either have to include a static snapshot into my source and patch that,
> or wait and use the newer 2.1 interface. Either way, they both involve
> some important design decisions that I need to make quickly.

i need/want the same functionality, too. I will work on it soon (1-2
weeks). Currently I am busy with cleaning up the error handling stuff and
after finishing that, i will go on. I don't know if Ryan will like the
work. And in the end, if it's not becoming official, it won't solve your
and my problem of an independent maintenance as as library.

Btw. Ryan is not very release happy and all non-bugfix changes have gone
into a development branch and i haven't seen any packages using that
branch. It looks like everybody is relying on the stable branches. So until
there will be a new "stable" branch, compiling your own version in may be
the only solution.

--
Christoph Nelles

E-Mail    : evilazrael at evilazrael.de
Jabber    : eazrael at evilazrael.net      ICQ       : 78819723

PGP-Key   : ID 0x424FB55B on subkeys.pgp.net
            or http://evilazrael.net/pgp.txt