[physfs] 7z Archiver updated / LZMA SDK 4.57

Dennis Schridde devurandom at gmx.net
Fri Dec 21 19:34:03 EST 2007

Am Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2007 00:31:06 schrieb Dennis Schridde:
> Hi!
>
> I included the lzma sdk 4.57 (it still has the nasty disrespect for
> _SZ_ONE_DIRECTORY and also still has the hardcoded X86 functions) and
> therefore changed the directory structure to match.
> - I included all files of the C implementation. This includes the example
> file and several files which are apparently not needed. It eased the update
> a bit, since lots of functionality was moved around... Maybe they are
> helpful later? (If this is a problem, I can of course remove the
> unnecessary things.) - I also included the docs, which were present in the
> root dir of the sdk. They were moved to the doc/ subdir. Certainly helpful
> in case someone wants to work on the archiver...
>
> The only incompatibilty between 4.43 and 4.57 is InitCrcTable, which is now
> called CrcGenerateTable. (archiver/lzma.c:~447)
>

> I also updated the archiver, though that is still not entirely finished.
> - It finally supports last-modification-time. (Thanks to the new SDK. They
> use Microsoft FILETIME, which counts nanoseconds since 01.01.1601...)
> - I don't use linked lists anymore for 7z files. Instead they are simple
> arrays. They are now sorted, too.
> - In regards to intialisation I moved closer to the zip implementation.
> (Initialisation of files was moved from openRead to openArchive.)
> - Enumeration was completely overhauled. It is now very much more
> straight-forward. (Eg. by gaining some advantage from the fact that
> directories are handled like files by 7z.)
> - Several cleanups, renames, simplifications.
>
> What I still need to do:
> - Gain advantage from the sorted file list. Finding an entry is now
> centralised in lzma_find_file, which could obviously be a little bit more
> clever than traversing the whole list...
> - Improved comments...
Fixed these two.
I now use the C89 stdlib function bsearch(), but I'd recommend implementing
__PHYSFS_search for consistency reasons.
Comments are hopefully enough, push me if something is missing/unclear.

Only attached the archiver again.
(When you apply the sdk patch, don't forget that there were a lot of files
moved/added. If it is more convenient, I can also write you a script which
does the moving and copies the new files over, or something...)

--Dennis