[physfs] PalmOS support

David Hedbor david at eongames.com
Thu Dec 18 11:21:01 EST 2003

Having programmed some for PalmOS I thought I'd add my
input. Basically I don't think it's worth it. This is from a PalmOS 4
perspective. I don't know if PalmOS 5 is any different.

- PalmOS doesn't have a path. There is just one flat "directory".
- There is no need to use an archive file (zip for example) for
  resources - there already are builtin datafiles.
- You don't want to "load" an image, for example. Rather in PalmOS the
  bitmap is actually stored and used from the same memory space
  (actually I shouldn't say that, because I'm not 100% certain - I
  think this is the way it works).

Basically the main reason is that there's no need. Data and images and
such is easily loaded from an archive file using builtin api's.

--
Eon Games - The Games Mobile Penguins Play

Sales: 	sales at eongames.com    Support:  support at eongames.com
Bugs:   bugs at eongames.com     General:  info at eongames.com

Website address: http://eongames.com/