[openbox] Recently used files pipemenu
ohnonot-github at posteo.de
Sat Mar 6 04:45:45 EST 2021
I almost completely rewrote this.
If you care about icons in your openbox menu you should probably try it
The bash script
- sorts the list by access time and updates the entry in recently-
used.xbel when you open a file with it, i.e. next time you will see
that file at the top of the list.
- filters out files that do not exist (anymore) or are unreadable for
- offers to open the file in question with all the applications listed
in recently-used.xbel after checking they are present in PATH, and
additionally with a mime-opener like 'xdg-open'.
- assigns icons from the current icon theme and its Inherits, as close
as possible to how e.g. Thunar does it.
- caches icon paths and icons so that subsequent runs are much faster.
- uses an absolute minimum of external commands & dependencies.
On Sun, 2021-02-28 at 17:07 +0200, D.T. wrote:
> I moved it to a different repository:
> Also working on a better version; some trouble with Gtk(Filechooser)
> assigning silly mimetypes which then get stuck in recently-used.xbel.
> More info in this thread:
> On Sat, 2021-02-20 at 20:59 +0200, D.T. wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I played around with this for a day or two.
> > Of course there's a few scripts already that read
> > ~/.local/share/recently-used.xbel, but this one is particularly
> > interesting for those who care about proper mimetype icons in their
> > openbox menu.
> > Get it here:
> > https://framagit.org/ohnonot/stuff/-/blob/master/recent
> > or here:
> > https://notabug.org/ohnonot/stuff/src/master/recent
> > Further expanation in the code comments.
> > o.
> > _______________________________________________
> > openbox mailing list
> > openbox at icculus.org
> > http://icculus.org/mailman/listinfo/openbox
> openbox mailing list
> openbox at icculus.org
More information about the openbox