[openbox] repositioning of cursor on start up

Henry S. Thompson ht at inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu Feb 11 15:16:12 EST 2021

D.T. writes:

> So you are saying this EXACT command works as desired from the
> terminal:
>
>> export DISPLAY=:0.0 && xdotool move mouse 15805  370
>
> ???

Jumping in here with a brief heads-up:  there are some signs that
xdotool is not being actively maintained:  I hit a segfault problem
recently for which no workaround was available, and switched very
happily to pyautogui [1].

If xdotool works for your needs, of course, carry on.

ht

[1] https://pypi.org/project/PyAutoGUI/
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht at inf.ed.ac.uk

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.