[openbox] activate/deactive shortcuts on the fly

sunnycemetery at gmail.com sunnycemetery at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 23:00:21 EDT 2020

2020-10-18, 22:24, Ɓukasz Grabowski:
> So I'm looking for a different, more robust solution.

Create two rc.xml files, one for normal mode and another for xournal mode.
Uninstall obhotkey and replace xournal-mode.sh with something like the
following:

> ln -f rc.xournal.xml rc.xml
> openbox --reconfigure

Do something similar for xournal-mode-off.sh.

> For example could I turn caps lock into "xournal-mode activator",
> and additionally force those shortcuts to be active only in xournal"?

Yes, easily.  Combine the on/off scripts into a toggler.

Also, please consider removing the ".sh" extension from your executable
shell scripts.  It is considered poor form.  You wouldn't run
"openbox-session.sh", for example.

Best of luck with your lectures.