[openbox] Execute Action Not Forked (Wrong PPID)

Parke parke.nexus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 16:08:51 EDT 2020

From:  http://icculus.org/pipermail/openbox/2019-August/009437.html
> #!/usr/bin/env -S bash --
>
> chromium &
> sleep 10

As a potential workaround, it might be worth trying:

> #!/usr/bin/env -S bash --
>
> setsid chromium &
> sleep 10

Or just launch "setsid chromium" directly from Openbox.

I have no idea if setsid will solve your problem, but years ago I
think I wrapped invocations of chromium with setsid to
solve/workaround a similar problem I encountered when launching
Chromium from Openbox.