[openbox] Custom wallpaper not fully restored after a crash

Luciano ES lucmove at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 14:28:51 EDT 2019

I don't like wallpapers. I like a solid black background.

During bootup and login, I get to see the Debian wallpaper,
but it's replaced with my solid black background as soon
as my session starts.

Sometimes though (and rarely), the Openbox environment or
some part of it crashes. Then it behaves funny. The task bar
may disappear or some other problem.

I decide to log out and fix everything. Or sometimes I need
to log out and start a new session for some other reason.

In such circumstances, the solid black background is restored,
but like a slightly short curtain, such that I can see a small
part of the Debian background at the bottom of the screen.

I've never been able to fix that except by rebooting
altogether.
Is there another way?

TIA

--