[openbox] Please provide a maintenance release

Michael Siegel msi at malbolge.net
Wed Mar 28 16:06:58 EDT 2018

Am 18.02.2018 um 08:26 schrieb Michael Siegel:
> Dear Openbox developers,
>
> I hereby kindly ask you to provide a maintenance release.
>
> The reasons are simple: There are currently 18 pull requests on Github,
> 3 of them bug fixes, 5 of them updated translations. Then there are
> another 5 updated or newly created translations and a ton of bug reports
> (some with patches) on Bugzilla.
>
> I think it would only be fair to those who have made the effort to
> contribute these things to have them included in a new release soon.

For all of those who are reading this thread an asking themselves if
Openbox is actually still being maintained, given there's been no
reaction from the side of the developers in over a month:

1. Openbox is not dead and actually being worked on. You can follow

     http://git.openbox.org/?p=mikachu/openbox.git;a=heads

   to keep track of what's going on.

2. I've been informed on the IRC channel that it's no use creating
   issues and pull requests for the Openbox repositories found on
   GitHub. Use Bugzilla at https://bugzilla.icculus.org instead.

Best,

msi