[openbox] How to shutdown when using Openbox

Gayan Weerakutti reversiblean at live.com
Fri Mar 23 13:30:07 EDT 2018

I've been using Openbox for so long. But still do a two steps shutdown. I first click on exist. Then click shutdown on my display manager which is LDM.

Thought it would be the time switch to a shortcut. I don't use Gnome or any other DE. Just Openbox in a minimal Debian setup.

I've seen the suggestions about adding a menu item like the following:

<item label="Shutdown">
    <action name="Execute">
        <command>systemctl poweroff</command>
    </action>
</item>

But I want a command that first quits Openbox and then performs a shutdown.
​Could somebody suggest me one please?

Thanks,
Gayan