[openbox] my Gtk3 application starts vertically maximized and snap-right

Tom Sheffler tom.sheffler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 09:58:05 EST 2018

Hello Openbox discussion -

I have recently compiled a Gtk3 application of my own design to RaspberryPi
Stretch. It runs fine.  However, when I launch the application it is
vertically-maximized.  (It is also snapped to the right edge of the screen.)

I would prefer the application to start at its "natural" size.  I have
tried setting gtk_window_set_default_size() and I've also tried using
gtk_window_set_geometry_hints() to suggest the starting size.

Questions:
- do you know how I can ask for the starting size to be something I specify?

I apologize if this is a simple question.  This is new territory for me.

Thanks,
Tom