[openbox] Problem with maximised windows using multiple displays and tint2 panel

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 16:51:54 EST 2018

Hi

I am running tint2 git with the standard openbox package as used in
Ubuntu 17.10 ie 3.6.1. tint2 has a config option called strut_policy:

https://gitlab.com/o9000/tint2/blob/master/doc/tint2.md#panel

When strut_policy is set to 'follow_size', maximised windows shouldn't
cover the tint2 panel and indeed that is the case for my primary
display but not for my secondary, smaller display. The bottom of
maximised windows get obscured by the tint2 panel on my smaller, 1080
display.

At first I suspected this was more likely to be a bug in tint2 so I
quizzed its developer but he believes tint2 is acting correctly so
maybe I have misconfigured openbox or this is an openbox bug? I have
posted my openbox config, tint2 config and other details in this
ticket:

https://gitlab.com/o9000/tint2/issues/696

Please let me know if any more details about my config are required

Thanks