[openbox] iconifying Chromium on startup

Anthony Thyssen a.thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Fri Jul 28 20:05:46 EDT 2017

I iconify windows automatically on start up, but I don't get openbox to do
it...

I look for the window ID of the application to appear, then use tools like
"xwit", or "xdotool" to iconize it.

Here for example is from my start up script...

  google-chrome 2>/dev/null 2>&1 &
  if id=`xwin_find 60 ".* - Google Chrome"`; then
    echo "Chrome Window Found (id=$id)"
    sleep 1  # pause a moment
    xwit -iconify -id $id ||
      xdotool windowminimize $id
  else
    echo "ERROR: Chrome Window NOT FOUND\!"
  fi

The script "xwin_find" can be downloaded from
http://www.ict.griffith.edu.au/anthony/software/#xwin_find

I have never seen any interactions between google-chrome and firefox