[openbox] Move all windows to other desktop – reopened

Martin Jiřička mjiricka at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 07:22:38 EST 2017

Thank you Mikael. This moves all windows in current desktop to the last desktop:

  <keybind key="W-C-S-j">
    <action name="ForEach">
      <omnipresent>no</omnipresent>
      <then>
        <action name="if">
          <desktop>current</desktop>
          <then>
            <action name="SendToDesktop">
              <to>last</to>
              <follow>no</follow>
            </action>
          </then>
        </action>
      </then>
    </action>
  </keybind>

Different approach, but it is usable. And better suited for swapping
which did not even came to my mind.

Anyway I was looking into source code to see how hard would be to
implement MoveDesktop action. I did not give it enough time but am I
right that biggest problem would be to remember all windows in
selection? It looks like every action is triggered by one key and not
like "key down: select windows, some actions, key up: release the
selection".