[openbox] get "context" for mousebind by clicking target with something like obxprop - any such ap?

Plmalternate Plmalternate plmalternate at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 20:00:46 EDT 2016

Is there some way analogous to using obxprop to get a proper
specifications for use with context in making a mousebind in rc.xml?

For example, I used obxprop and clicked on a conky in X. In the output
were these lines I thought might be relevant:
_OB_APP_CLASS(UTF8_STRING) = "conky"
_OB_APP_NAME(UTF8_STRING) = "conky"
_OB_APP_TITLE(UTF8_STRING) = "conky (Ux)"

I tried this in rc.xml:

     <context name="conky">
      <mousebind button="Left" action="Press">
        <action name="ShowMenu">
          <menu>client-list-combined-menu</menu>
        </action>
      </mousebind>
      <mousebind button="Right" action="Press">
        <action name="ShowMenu">
          <menu>root-menu</menu>
        </action>
      </mousebind>
    </context>

and reconfigured. I also tried the same thing with class and title,
one at a time. None of them worked.

Conky used to have a "click through" property such that, if it was set
up right, with the conky window managed by the WM as a "normal"
window, as mine is, clicks on it were passed to the root window, but
it's not working in the latest version with Openbox under Ubuntu 16.04
(just the core and OB, no DE). I was thinking I could use rc.xml to
regain this, but not so far. Can anyone suggest a direction I might
pursue?

Thanks for reading.