[openbox] Slackel distro Openbox release: promotion or name conflict?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 18:08:34 EST 2016

On 2016-11-22, Ian Zimmerman <itz at primate.net> wrote:

> Does this release actually feature openbox as the default WM,

Yes.  The distro comes in three flavors: Openbox, Fluxbox, and KDE.
>From https://sourceforge.net/projects/slackel/:

    Slackel is a Linux distribution based on Slackware and Salix. It
    is fully compatible with Slackware and Salix but the difference is
    that it includes the current version of Slackware. So Slackware
    users can benefit from Slackel repositories. It is available in
    three editions, KDE, Openbox and Fluxbox. Slackel disc images are
    offered in two different forms, Installation disc image and Live
    disc image.

The openbox editions uses openbox+fbpanel+pcmanfm as its default desktop.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! This PIZZA symbolizes
                                  at               my COMPLETE EMOTIONAL