[openbox] Firefox add-on popups

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Tue Mar 29 21:05:01 EDT 2016

This may or may not be openbox related. I've got a few firefox add-ons that
add a button to the nav bar. The idea is you click on this button to bring
up a popup window to set preferences or manage some other aspect of the
add-on. Ublock origin is an example. But I don't get the popup; I click on
the button and nothing happens. I suspect that's because I'm not running a
desktop, just an X server and openbox. Firefox may be depending on some
gnome misfeature that I don't have. So probably not openbox related, but I
wonder if anyone here knows why this is happening and how to fix it.