[openbox] Openbox context menu not working

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Mon Mar 28 10:18:14 EDT 2016

On Sun, 27 Mar 2016 22:45:40 +0100 Piscium <groknok at gmail.com> wrote:

>   On 2016-03-27 20:39 +0100, Piscium wrote:
>   If you use programs
>   that link to GNOME libraries, it's likely that some GNOME daemons get
>   started behind your back.  That is just the way of the GNOME :-(

Exactly. And one of these programs sometimes (cron? yum?)
sets/resets/overrides something.

Similarly: Sometimes I find that my Xdefaults (yes, I'm old
fashioned) have been reset so I need to load them again.

> but wouldn't be surprised if it's yet another gnome program stealing
> events.

This what I expects that happens.

> In any case, as I said before the issue manifests after an apparently
> random time after login, so there could be an hidden obscure bug
> somewhere.

I'm afraid it's not a bug, but defined though (for us) unwanted behaviour.

The problem remains to find out what tool is resetting or stealing things.

Right now I have a root window that doesn't any longer respond to mouse
clicks. There must be a way to find out who is stealing the events...

-- Johan