[openbox] Displaying a window while key combo is being held

Anthony Thyssen a.thyssen at griffith.edu.au
Mon Jun 20 02:56:18 EDT 2016

Openbox -- No. It only deals with one of the events (release or up)
involved...

As such this is not the right forum.

However in the interests of pointing you to a solution...

"xbindkeys" can deal with both the "down" and the "up" key events.

I discovered and noted this as I was studying key event handling for my
notes on creating keyboard macros
    http://www.ict.griffith.edu.au/anthony/info/X/event_handling.txt

Word of warning.  I don't know for certain exactly what is needed to handle
multiple keys.  Handling both down and up event was not my concern at the
time.  You may actually have to deal with the various keys being pressed
and released in any order, while keeping track of the past events.  You may
even have to deal with keyboard mashing, where other keys become involved.