[openbox] KeePass Autotype does not work, Failed to execute the child process

Johan Vromans jvromans at squirrel.nl
Sun Jan 10 06:38:51 EST 2016

On Sat, 9 Jan 2016 23:28:08 +0200
TT <turkuting at gmail.com> wrote:

> i think aquarius is making typos (mostly mixing upper and lower case, or
> forgetting the "2" in keepass*2*) and/or forgetting to reconfigure after
> changing things.

We're a long way beyond that point.

I reproduced his problem on my Fedora 23 system.

KeePass (KeePass2) installs and works fine. Auto-type works when performed
manually.

When a hot key is configured and the hot key is pressed when in a
login window in the browser, it should invoke the program and KeePass
should search for a login/password in the database (keyed by the title of
the window), and perform auto-type when found.

This is the functionality that doesn't work. The hot key invokes the
program but it doesn't auto-type.

Currently I'm not even sure if openbox is involved at all.

-- Johan
   http://johan.vromans.org/seasons_greetings.html