[openbox] KeePass Autotype does not work, Failed to execute the child process

TT turkuting at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 16:28:08 EST 2016

On 01/09/2016 07:33 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
> On 2016-01-09 10:05 +0100, Johan Vromans wrote:
>
>> I installed keepass (it is really keepass2, version 2.30) on my Fedora 23
>> system. There's an executable binary (wrapper script) /usr/bin/keepass that
>> reads:
> Hint to all participants in this crazy thread: the name of the wrapper
> executable varies across distros, not being part of the upstream package.
as i said, i have wheezy running and installed keepass2.
everything works as expected (well, i don't know what the --autotype
option is supposed to do, but it opens a keepass window, no matter
whether the app is already trayed or started afresh).
i just changed the keybind from my previous thread to
<command>keepass2 --autotype</command>
*/then reconfigured openbox/*, and it works.

i think aquarius is making typos (mostly mixing upper and lower case, or
forgetting the "2" in keepass*2*) and/or forgetting to reconfigure after
changing things.

and i still strongly suggest to use keepassx instead, and to drop wheezy
for jessie.