[openbox] How to un-iconify windows?

Mikael Magnusson mikachu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 07:54:53 EST 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 1:05 PM, Alexey Korop <akorop at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ian Zimmerman пишет 18.02.2016 04:36:
>> On 2016-02-17 12:59 -0800, Parke wrote:
>>
>>> Is there an action that will un-iconify all windows that belong to the
>>> current desktop?
>>>
>>> If not, is there some way to un-iconify windows from a shell script?
>>
>> xdotool has a command to map (ie. un-iconify) a window based on its xid.
>> So it just remains to enumerate the xids of all windows on a desktop.
>>

> The natural solution can be as following:
>
>     <keybind key="W-Prior">
>       <action name="ForEach">
>         <desktop>current</desktop>
>         <iconified>yes</iconified>
>         <then>
>           <action name="Uniconify"/>
>         </then>
>       </action>
>     </keybind>
>
> But this not work due to "Uniconify" action is absent. Perhaps it should
> be implemented? It's quite simple.

The reason it doesn't exist is that normally, you'd use the Activate
action to uniconify a window. However, with the new ForEach action you
probably don't want to activate 15 different windows so we do need to
add the action now.

I've also just now noticed the Activate action isn't documented on
Help:Actions, quite an oversight... :)

--
Mikael Magnusson