[openbox] OT perhaps: how to trigger program when mouse is at the edge of the screen

TT turkuting at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 02:56:43 EDT 2015

i'm pretty sure openbox does not have such functionality, except for the
dock.

wbar is very lightweight, but also very limited in its functionality.
it does not have an autohide feature.
every, and i mean literally /every /other dock/panel i tried /has/ this
feature, which is exactly what you're asking for!
so, again, it is not openbox', but the application's feature.
a few other more or less lightweight panels that come to mind:

    *tint2, lxpanel, pypanel, xfce4-panel, docker, avant window
    navigator (a.k.a. awn), fbpanel....*

and that is not the end of the list.
try docker first, then lxpanel, then the rest.

i am positive that reading an apps documentation (a.k.a. RTFM) reduces
the need to ask OT questions by about 90%.

cheers,

TT