[openbox] multiple docks possible?

Ranjan Maitra stat.maitra at inbox.com
Sun Sep 13 17:48:50 EDT 2015

On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 11:41:15 -0700 Dana Jansens <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:

> On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 10:17 AM, Ranjan Maitra <stat.maitra at inbox.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is it possible to have multiple docks in openbox?
> >

> No, sorry.

Thanks! Is it possible to have a feature request for this? I guess this will involve some tweaks to the existing structure (specifications for Dock1/2 etc) but will this be very complicated? I will look into the source code also.

I don't want to go the multiple panels route because I feel that the openbox dock structure is much simpler than handling panels (certainly takes fewer amounts of resources).

Many thanks,
Ranjan
--
Ranjan Maitra <stat.maitra at inbox.com>