[openbox] compiling openbox 3.6.1

TT turkuting at gmail.com
Fri Sep 4 02:49:14 EDT 2015

On 09/03/2015 12:22 AM, Dana Jansens wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 1:09 PM, TT <turkuting at gmail.com
> <mailto:turkuting at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     ok, but disabling /some /of these options has a very good effect
>     on performance.
>

> What did you measure?
yeah, good point.
i didn't actually time anything, but the root menu used to have a little
lag when right-clicking it (a static menu with all my apps, and *no*
icons), which is definitely gone now.
i also used to have a delay after boot, at first login, where the whole
X server takes quite long to get ready:
the root background is there, but it takes a few seconds until the panel
shows and openbox reacts to keybinds.
i was never able to pinpoint the source of the lag - my .xinitrc does
everything /before /loading the background with feh, after that it's
only fbpanel and "exec openbox".
anyhow, i thought the recompiling had fixed this lag but now it started
happening again :sadface: