[openbox] Fast moving windows without redesign

Dana Jansens danakj at orodu.net
Wed Oct 14 14:29:05 EDT 2015

There's no option for this. Implementing this requires either using a
compositing manager (prob not what you want) or freezing the whole x server
during window moves.

Have you tried using keyboard shortcuts with the
http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Actions#MoveToEdge action or similar? These
move the window in larger steps.

Also the interactive http://openbox.org/wiki/Help:Actions#Move can move
windows faster/slower with shift/control held when you press arrows.

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 8:39 AM, renedrive <renedrive at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I had already tried this option a few days ago.
> I have tried it again today to be sure.
> The function does exactly what it says
> Does not redraw the windows while resizing.
> As you drag the entire window does not work, however, he continues to make
> the redesign continuously while moving.
>
> It is precisely for this function, after having tried it, I have decided
> to write to the list.
> It seems strange that the redesign of the windows can be disabled in
> resizing but not while dragging.
> It seems almost an option left in half, incomplete.
>
> I used several configuration panels but ObConf seems the right place for
> this purpose.
> Since the option is not present I imagine, if any, should be configured
> manually in some configuration files.
>
> ???
>

> Il 14/10/2015 16:40, U.Mutlu ha scritto:
>
>> Hello
>> this should work: deactivate (ie. disable) the following entry
>> via the "obconf" menu
>>   Move & Resize / Update the window content while resizing
>>
>> I reach the obconf menu by minimizing all windows, then right-clicking on
>> the desktop; I've LXDE desktop on debian 8, if that matters.
>>
>> cu
>> U.Mutlu
>>

>> renedrive wrote on 10/04/2015 12:00 AM:
>>
>>> Hello to all.
>>>
>>> I'm new to the list, and also to OpenBox.
>>>
>>> Let me know if you can configure in OpenBox moving windows without being
>>> redesigned while dragging?
>>>
>>> I installed Sparky Linux with OpenBox on a very old computer that has a
>>> "Matrox MGA G200 AGP" graphics card.
>>> The MGA driver is loaded, I lowered the color depth in xorg with the
>>> value 16.
>>> Despite this, the movement of windows while dragging is slow, very, very
>>> slow.
>>>
>>> That is why I was wondering if it could be possible to configure OpenBox
>>> so that when dragging windows did see only the edge and not the inside,
>>> redrawing the window only at the end of the drag?
>>>
>>> This is a possible configuration?
>>>
>>> Thank you all
>>> By
>>> Renato