[openbox] openbox-menu

TT turkuting at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 05:48:54 EDT 2015

On 07/27/2015 01:39 AM, Frank McCormick wrote:

>    Well offering more options would be nice...people wouldn't have to
> take advantage of them but they'd be those for those who want more
> eye-candy

it creates more code that just sits there in your computers memory.
imho, openbox is designed minimalistically & lightweight /on purpose/.
but there's dozens of other windowmanagers that offer more eye-candy.
by the way, what are you looking for specifically?
have you already tried to explore the possibilities of theming?

>   The buttons are an annoyance for me. Too small and only xbm's are
> acceptable.

obviously you can make bigger button icons. duh.
iirc, they grow automatically when you increase window title height,
either by increasing font size or adding padding.
.xbm is a /very simple /format for b/w graphics. there's nothing wrong
with it, you can edit them in gimp, or even with a text editor.

btw, there is a program to make themes, it includes an xbm editor:
https://github.com/SRoader/obtheme