[openbox] Directional switching

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Thu Jul 9 01:12:31 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-09 05:34 +0200, Mikael Magnusson wrote:

> You'll want to initialize these integers to something in
> config_startup(), then you don't need the elses during parsing.

Is config_startup called during live reconfiguration?

> Would I be correct in thinking that setting one to two is equivalent
> to setting the other to one half? (If they were not integers).

Yes, it is equivalent mathematically; depending on how it's implemented,
there may be some loss of precision with a single parameter (if it's
used to multiply and then divide).  That is probably negligible.  But I
also believe two parameters are clearer in this case.  What would you
call the single relative parameter?

Thanks for your comments, I really appreciate the opportunity to improve
the code!