[openbox] gnome eats buttons 1 and 3

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Mon Jan 26 22:43:48 EST 2015

I've never had much use for desktop environments, but they've got me using
gnome at work. After struggling with whatever window manager it comes with,
I gave up on it and ran "openbox --replace". This works great, except that
mouse 1 and 3 in the root window (desktop background) don't work. Mouse 1
does nothing, and mouse 3 brings up some gnome menu that's useless to
me. Mouse 2 works fine.

I'm tempted to give up on gnome, but I'd like to at least give it an honest
try. Does anyone know how to get the missing buttons passed through to
openbox?