[openbox] how to disable gdm lock screen

Mathias Dufresne mathias.dufresne at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 10:37:21 EST 2015

Hi Louis-David,

That's not linked to openbox but to xscreensaver I would say.

Debian should not use systemd so if you're laptop goes to sleep when you
close the lid that behavior should be managed by acipd (config in
/etc/acpid or perhaps using /etc/default/acpid).

Now the locking state is certainly due to xscreensaver configuration: if
you open the lid after waiting too long after closing it, xscreensaver
timeout is reached and xscreensaver lock your computer.
You could try to run "xscreensaver-demo" command which is xscreensaver gui.
Here I expect you will find at bottom left a checked checkbox named "Lock
Screen After" or "Verrouillage de l'écran après" for french version.
Just uncheck that checkbox, close xscreensaver and next time you should
find your screen black but unlocked.

Cheers,

mathias