[openbox] ToggleShowDesktop hides omnipresent windows

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Wed Apr 22 13:46:10 EDT 2015

On Wed, 22 Apr 2015 09:56:09 -0700,
Dana Jansens <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:

Dana> Omnipresent windows are not part of the desktop. TYPE_DESKTOP windows are
Dana> omnipresent, and not hidden.

I thought "omnipresent" was just Latin for "sticky".  I guess that was
wrong.

Fine.  But playing with ToggleShowDesktop and trying to make it do what
I want, I see there must be some deeper misunderstanding on my part.
What is ToggleShowDesktop supposed to be good for, in the big picture?