[openbox] how to change language for pipemenus

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Fri Oct 24 17:05:20 EDT 2014

On 10/24/2014 03:51 PM, TT wrote:
> Frank McCormick wrote:
>> Strange problem today I have never run across before. I inserted a
>> pipemenu in my menu today- it works...but displays in Italian. I have
>> exported LANG=en_US.UTF8 and LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF8 in the environemnt
>> in ~/.config/openbox but nothing changes.
>>
>> All the other menu items are in English.
>>
>> I must be missing something.
> it might be helpful to post information about the actual pipemenu -
> either the whole script if it's not too long, or a link to where it can
> be found.
> maybe it _is_ italian?

This is the readme in the file:

obmenu-generator
================

A fast pipe/static menu generator for the Openbox Window Manager, with
support for icons.

<hr>

usage: obmenu-generator [options]

     -p  : (re)generate a pipe menu
     -s  : (re)generate a static menu
     -o  : static menu file (default: ~/.config/openbox/menu.xml)
     -m  : menu id (default: 'root-menu')
     -r  : regenerate the config files
     -i  : use icons in menus
     -d  : regenerate icons.db (with -i)
     -u  : update the config file
     -R  : reconfigure openbox

Generating a simple static menu:

     obmenu-generator -s

Generating a pipe menu with icons:

     obmenu-generator -p -i

Reconfiguring openbox:

     obmenu-generator -R

* <b>Config file:</b> ~/.config/obmenu-generator/config.pl
* <b>Schema file:</b> ~/.config/obmenu-generator/schema.pl

There are several links to the file on the net - one in the
GIT repository the author uses. That's where I got my
copy.

It's in English not Italian....but for some reason it doesn't
respect locale's.

--
1984 was not meant as a blueprint for
democratic governments.