[openbox] I Have Two Instances Of 'autostart.sh Running...

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Tue Oct 21 14:12:44 EDT 2014

On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 12:29:04 -0400,
Dana Jansens <danakj at orodu.net> wrote:

Dana> doesn't (sleep 1 && foo) cause the shell to fork?

It does.  And the child shell is the process that's "in the background"
if you append an & .  But this should result in multiple sh lines in the
ps output, not multiple foo lines.

Anyway I think the lesson is: don't modify config files that are shell
scripts unless you actually understand how the shell works.  Which is
definitely nontrivial for the likes of bash.

-> me places another bet on bug betwixt chair and keyboard