[openbox] ssh-askpass

Ian Zimmerman itz at buug.org
Thu Oct 9 21:14:04 EDT 2014

On Thu, 9 Oct 2014 14:21:58 -0500,
Ranjan Maitra <maitra.mbox.ignored at inbox.com> wrote:

Ranjan> I use openbox without any DE and with SLiM as my login
Ranjan> manager. I was wondering how to get ssh-askpass to work when I
Ranjan> log in. I looked around for some help with openbox WM but was
Ranjan> unable to find any. I am able to find the following setup for
Ranjan> LXDE (which supposedly works):

> $ sudo tail /usr/bin/startlxde
> # set up ssh
> SSH_ASKPASS=/usr/libexec/openssh/gnome-ssh-askpass
> export SSH_ASKPASS
> eval $( ssh-agent -s )
> ssh-add &

> # Start the LXDE session
> exec /usr/bin/lxsession -s LXDE -e LXDE
> eval $( ssh-agent -k )

I use xdm, and such stuff goes into my ~/.xsession file.