[openbox] Expand window to the available space

Antoine antoine.vigouroux at numericable.fr
Sun May 4 06:07:06 EDT 2014

Hello!
I'm trying to replace the maximize button with a "grow to available
space" button. By this I mean enlarging the window as much as possible
without overlapping any other window. For now, I used the "GrowToEdge"
command, but it doesn't really work as expected.
If I put two small windows side by side and click my button on the first
window, it will actually expand to the available space. But then, when I
expand the second window, it will grow over the other window and take
the whole screen, due to the strange behaviour of GrowToEdge when the
windows are already overlapping.
Is there a way I can fix this?

Cheers,
Antoine