[openbox] customizing window switcher

Mathias Dufresne mathias.dufresne at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 05:41:37 EDT 2014

Hi Lukasz,

Sorry for delay, I'm not to close to my mailbox these days...
In fact I don't use conky, just openbox as WM + tint2 as a taskbar.

And by default, tint2 grant us the possibility to drag n' drop task button.

I'm a sysadmin, so lot of terminals open on often several servers, which
means same window icon, often same window title (not all systems - by
default - are changing xterm title after ssh connection) and so it's a mess.

And this mess can be ordered simply by using tint2 then arranging taskbar
icons as I want.

And still, this as nothing to do with alt+tab as alt+tab uses its own order
for windows list.

A last thought: as the not-too-variable to define the length of titles when
alt+tab is known, perhaps this not-too-variable can be removed from its .h
and pushed into rc.xml configuration file.

As I said, I'm not a dev so do not count on me to do that ;)

Cheers,

mathias