[openbox] Can I have the root menu always open in the center of the screen?

Augustine Souza aesouza2008 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 06:03:04 EST 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Sébastien <ml at terranean.eu> wrote:

> A few other things to try (in a terminal, first)...
>
> Explicitly specify that you want to hold super down and release it:
> $ xdotool mousemove --polar 0 0 keydown super key space keyup super
>
> With delays in case for some reason X or Openbox doesn't manage to
> follow:
> $ xdotool mousemove --polar 0 0 keydown --delay 150 super \
> key --delay 150 key space keyup super
>
>  Sébastien, thank you for persevering with my problem. I think you've
solved it with the --delay idea.

So,
$ xdotool keydown super keydown key space keyup super keyup space
doesn't work
This is what I see:
[04:28 PM] ~ $
[04:28 PM] ~ $ xdotool keydown super keydown key space keyup super keyup
space
 [04:28 PM] ~ $
[04:28 PM] ~ $

Note that the third line starts one space to the right (and there's a space
after $ as well).

But
$ xdotool keydown --delay 150 super keydown --delay 150 key space keyup
super keyup space
works perfectly.

Now I'll try to put things together.

Thanks once again,