[openbox] most aps ignore rc.xml

Jim Rees rees at umich.edu
Sun Jan 12 11:31:48 EST 2014

plmalternate plmalternate wrote:

  Most of my aps ignore my ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml specifications for
  window size and placement, despite "<position force="yes">". The only
  ap I'm pretty sure is honoring them is Mirage, a picture viewer.

This works for me. Two things look odd to me. One is your wildcard. Maybe
openbox stops searching for app stanzas when it finds the first match? The
other is that you are only giving the app name, which I think should work,
but I always give the class too.

Here's what I've got for firefox:

    <application name="Navigator" class="Firefox">
      <position force="yes">
	<x>8</x>
	<y>6</y>
      </position>