[openbox] Citrix Thin Client Project - Focus Issues

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Tue Apr 1 13:44:16 EDT 2014

Hi Mathias,

just to explain my intention more clearly (sorry I am no native
English speaker...)
I am using Blender and Blender is using A LOT key and mouse bindings.
If you want to be fast with Blender you have to use them.
And: For any window manager, which also provide this feature of definig
keybindings it is completly impossible to not to collide with the
key/mouse bindings of Blender due to the shear amount of them in
Blender.
With Openbox you have this nice feature of "chroot" openbox.
This tells openbox temporary to forget all keybindings (and not mouse
bindings!!!) and feed them to the focussed window
until the chroot-key combo is pressed again.
Unfortunately Openbox only forgets the key-bindings and NOT the
mousebindings. As a 3D-modelling application Blender is heavily
mouse oriented and collisions with Openbox are daily business.
(THIS IS NEITHER A CRITIC AGAINST OPENBOX NOR AGAINST BLENDER!)
Now I wanted to know, whether I can make openbox to "temporaryly
forget" certain mouse bindings by manually code them while
being chrooted.
Does this
       <action name="PreviousWindow"/>
also works for mouse-bindings?