[openbox] Openbox on multiple X screens?

Bjørn T Johansen btj at havleik.no
Sat Oct 19 16:06:44 EDT 2013

On Sat, 19 Oct 2013 15:02:31 -0400
Jim Rees <rees at umich.edu> wrote:

> Bjørn T Johansen wrote:
>
>   But maybe I can use one rc.xml file on screen 0 and a differen rc.xml file
>   on screen 1? Then I can just change the default fonts to make it work on
>   both screens....
>
> Ugh. I would only do that as a last resort. Fonts are not the only thing
> that depend on knowing correct dpi.

But aren't these the correct dpi for my two screens?

screen #0:
  dimensions:    1920x1080 pixels (341x191 millimeters)
  resolution:    143x144 dots per inch

screen #1:
  dimensions:    2560x1440 pixels (602x342 millimeters)
  resolution:    108x107 dots per inch

screen #0 is my 15.6" laptop screen and screen #1 is my 27" LCD screen, wouldn't the dpi of those screens be different?

BTJ