[openbox] Focus follows mouse...

Bjørn T Johansen btj at havleik.no
Fri Oct 18 14:15:35 EDT 2013

On Thu, 17 Oct 2013 08:13:01 +0200
Bjørn T Johansen <btj at havleik.no> wrote:

> On 16.10.2013 22:04, Dana Jansens wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Bjørn T Johansen <btj at havleik.no> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi...
> >>
> >> Just reinstalled my computer this weekend and opted for Openbox and after some configurations, I am starting to feel very satisfied... :)
> >> But I have a small problem. I like the feature where focus follow mouse and it is working as it should, for the most part. But when using IntelliJ
> >> IDEA (a Java IDE), I have a problem with popup windows/dialogs. I can click on a button to open a dialog and the dialog opens. But when I try to
> >> click anything inside the dialog, it is the mainwindow below that responds (and has focus) and I am not able to gain focus inside the open dialog...
> >> If I disable the focus follow mouse feature then everything works as expected...
> >>
> >> Is this a known problem or? Know problem with Java? Any workarounds/configuration to make it work?
> >
> > I don't know about this, can you file a bug please with the reproducible steps in it?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Dana
>
> I'll see what I can do...
>
> BTJ

Hmmm... I have tried to find a certain way to reproduce this bug but I am not able to find a way... It's strange because after I boot everything
works ok... And then after some unknown events happens (not sure which events) the mouse focus problem appear. What's more strange is that when this
happens, the mouse works on the windows below but I can make the keyboard work on the front dialog/window....

BTJ