[openbox] Startup notification.

Andrej N. Gritsenko andrej at rep.kiev.ua
Sun Jul 14 12:19:02 EDT 2013

    Hello!

Dana Jansens has written on Friday, 12 July, at 13:38:
>On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Andrej N. Gritsenko <andrej at rep.kiev.ua>wrote:
>> Dana Jansens has written on Thursday, 11 July, at 15:28:

>> sn_launcher_context_new

>> >It could be a matter of cursor libraries, as the openbox busy cursor is
>> the
>> >"pointer with stopwatch" kind of cursor, not the "busy waiting" cursor.
>> >Otherwise, I'm not sure I guess. Running xterm with startupnotification
>> >enabled should leave an environment variable in the application that would
>> >prove openbox is doing *something*.

>> Look what I've found on Launchpad:

>> https://bugs.launchpad.net/compiz/+bug/1179155

>> It says XDefineCursor() does not work.
>> And yes, Openbox uses XDefineCursor to change its appearance on SN.

>> If you would like to make a commit and tell me then I'll try to poke
>> maintainers to push it as security update patch to Debian/Ubuntu.

>Sure, patch would be welcome in a bugzilla bug. It can show up in the next
>3.5.1 release which I should do sometime soon..

    I thought you could find the best way to make a patch. I've done some
experiment with suggestion from mentioned Launchpad ticket. And it works
for me now. I'm not sure if using libXi for only one thing is correct but
it works. Decision if that is right thing to do or not is yours. Let me
know if it is, please. The diff (against your GIT) is attached.

    Cheers!
    Andriy.